1. SUSHI. This sounds like such a light, sensible thing to eat, but beware of pre-made sushi that may contain carb rich white rice and lots of fatty ingredients. If you mush grab a pre-made sushi pack at the grocery, go for the lighter, California rolls wrapped in brown rice or a salmon roll in brown rice. Read the label carefully for added fat and sodium that will turn a light snack/meal into a disaster.
2. FAT FREE DRESSING. These are such a fat trap! Stay away! It would be much better for you to have a little of the real thing on the side and simply dip your fork into the dressing then into your salad. The fat in these dressings are often replaced with sugar or other "fake" stuff. We do need a little bit of fat in our bodies, and to keep you full for a while longer.
3. DIET SODA. Studies show that folks that have 2 diet sodas a day have a larger waist than those who do not drink diet drinks. Studies also show that a diet drink can start those terrible sugar cravings that we are so desperately trying to squelch!
4. SMOOTHIES. I'not talking about the smoothies I make at home each morning out of the vegetable and fruits of the day mixed with almond milk. I'm talking about the pre-made shakes and smoothies that look so innocent and inviting. These can be complete sugar bombs! READ THE LABELS to make sure you aren't drinking 500 calories and 70 grams of fat!
5. FAT FREE COOKIES. You think you are on a diet and just want something sweet. A fat free cookie sounds like the perfect answer . . . not! These are also sugar bombs! Also, eating the fat free stuff will not satisfy you and you may end up eating the entire box and STILL want to eat a real dessert! You are better off making it through a good day and enjoying a little of the real dessert and be truly satisfied.
That completes the "Dr. Oz" list of five foods to avoid for your diet. However, I have added another below. I have to be honest, I HAD to add it simply because I've been dying to use this photo of the Queen. Isn't it hilarious? So, my number 6 food to avoid is . . .
That's the FRIDAY FIT TIP for the day!
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!
What are your diet disaster foods? When was the last time you had fast food . . . come on and confess!